Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Greece






Hi All
I have finally arrvied in Corfu for a full two weeks of enjoying hiking and the sun offered on this beautiful island. Our trip over was ok, although we did have to take a detour around the volcanic ash which added 2 hours of flying time to Paris. The group I am with is great, there are 15 of us, one male, one couple and one spring chicken (me). It was easy to find my group at the airport as most of them were wearing their hiking boots, hiking clothes and Tilly hats and thus looked ready to leave for a hike right then. I, on the other hand, looked like I was ready to curl up with my cats and a book. However we had previously introduced ourselves over email and everyone knew my wrist was broken so they knew exactly who I was.

Since we arrived we have been quite busy with two full days of hiking, and one day to visit the town of Corfu. The hiking is challenging, but the pace is fine for me (slow and steady). We go through small little towns, stop at cafes and say hello to the locals. We also see lemon trees, orange trees, poppies and other wild flowers, sheep, goats, cats, dogs and tons of olive trees. We've climbed up mountains (ok maybe just large hills) and have seen gorgeous views. In total there are 9 hikes and two and half days of free time. I am expecting to be very tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment